The Centre is always looking for volunteers willing and able to spare some of their precious time to be part of the Crannog Community.
If you have a bit of spare time to offer, we can find something really fulfilling and satisfying for you to do as either a one-off or on a more regular basis.
Just some of the things we need help with:
- New costumes for staff and visitors to dress up in. If you have a sewing machine, we will provide fabric and patterns.
- Gardening and growing. We need help developing our ancient plots and keeping them and the rest of the plants and trees on site in good health.
- Woodworking. We always need something new making or there's something to be repaired and it's not often you can make replica Iron Age items!
- Helping in the shop or our small cafe. Meeting people from all over the world is a really great way to spend the day and seeing them walk away having had a brilliant time is such a fantastic feeling.
- Interpreting the Iron Age. It's surprising how passionate you can become about Scotland's prehistory - which is pretty amazing. We provide training to help you tell the story.
- Demonstrating ancient crafts and skill. Especially on event days - see our events pages for more information on the type of event you could help with.
By volunteering at the Scottish Crannog Centre or the Scottish Trust for Underwater Archaeology, you will help to present and preserve Scotland's heritage, giving visitors the opportunity to understand and appreciate what life was like in Iron Age Scotland! The Centre is already an internationally known destination for people interested in our beautiful country and heritage - why not be part of its journey!
Please contact us for further information, or pop in for a coffee and a chat!